2014年1月10日 星期五

Reflection 2

  During the teacher-student conference this time, Professor Liang corrected the faults on our PPTs, gave us suggestions and also told us that we are the first group presenting our issue problem on January 16th. Our issue problem is more serious than other groups’, so presenting it first will shock the exchange students and make them think that it is a really formal presentation. And the last group will be Eva and her partner Vicky. They will end the whole class with their funny and interesting way of presenting, which definitely will make us laugh out loud.

  After reading the peer responses, I found that most listeners love the way I used to interact with them: asking them to read sentences for me. Since it really works for drawing audience’s attention, I have decided to keep it. And, the outline page was also praised by the classmates. It is said that it made them quite understand the main topics, which I will also keep it. Other negative responses are for my design of PPTs. It is considered that there are few pictures on them. So, in order to catch audience’s eyes, I have made many changes, which Candy Time (a game time) is included. It is sure that someone who raises his/her hand to join the game will get candies. And, the followings are the descriptions for how I am going to present the issue.

    In order to persuade audience to stand on my side, I consider this presentation as a process of brainwashing. At first, I need to eliminate their bad impressions on adultery, and then infuse them with positive effects of it. And, that is why I moved forward the section “stop stigmatizing adultery” as the first part. While asking them “what is adultery discrimination?”, I will pick one or two listeners, asking them to give me an adjective to describe adultery in “candy time.” And then, go on to show them a powerful case to make them believe that not all adultery is wrong or immoral.   

  And then, here comes the section “decriminalizing adultery.” In this section, laws against adultery in Philippines, Pakistan, and Jordan will be introduced. Before showing the content of the laws, I will ask them to play a matching game in Candy Time. They will know where the country is before being introduced the laws. Although Candy Time seems to be a treat for children, I think it is a good way to draw audience’s attention and also to destroy a boring and embarrassing atmosphere.


In last section, “using adultery to save yourself” will be displayed. There will be three advantages to be introduced if choosing not to get divorced but resorting to adultery. It is more persuasive to make people accept positive effects of adultery after eliminating their bad impression on it. And that is the reason that I put it into the last part. A conclusion will still be displayed. It will not be a long but a short and powerful one. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言