2013年12月1日 星期日

Reflection 1

  During the conference, Professor Liang made my partner Emily Su and I recall the process of preparing from the initial Issue paper to Annotation 2. After she listened to our description, she cried out “that is so interesting.” In fact, I, who chose the supporting side toward adultery, considered it to be tough to work on at first since most people cannot accept it and it obviously has moral defects. What the professor thought of as being interesting is that I skimmed through information about adultery on the internet first, lay some ideas which are useful for my side in my mind and then find references relevant to these ideas. Instead of finding a lot of references aimlessly and seeking supporting ideas in them, I had specific thoughts first and then go to find references to prove them.

  Take my annotation 1 for example. Because it is the first annotation, I want to tell people adultery must exist which is just my idea. And then, I go to type key words like “婚外情的好處” to find positive effects of adultery or reasons that it must exist. The way I use to work on my assignments, focus on you must have some ideas first and then go to find proofs. In this case, you can find it is easier to make your essay organized and compact since you have already known clearly what you want to express. And as for my annotation 2, in order to connect it to annotation 1, I want to tell people that some people cannot help but engage in adultery which is my idea for this essay. And then, I found a book named “Adultery: The Forgivable Sin” whose author Bonnie Weil is a marriage and family therapist. In this book, I got a real case which strengthens my point a lot.

  For my annotation 3, I am going to talk about adultery decriminalization. I have found a piece of news to support my idea, and I am going to give more details to it. And for annotation 4, since I haven’t referred to any formal academic papers, I will look for one for this essay, but I haven’t decided the idea.

Followings are the other two groups.
1. Eva & Vicky:
Their topic is quite interesting. Eva has decided to write about American adult movie actresses in her annotation 3. She has found a resource talking about adult movie being commercialized. And as our group do, they haven’t referred to any formal academic papers. So, Professor Liang suggested them to apply one in annotation 4.

2.   Joselin & Justine:
What they wrote based on statistics are quite contradictory, and Professor Liang thought of it as being great, but they have to check the data again since it is weird to have different results in the same condition. And then, for their annotation 4, they are suggested to refer to statistics in other countries and focus on aspects of cultures or religions.  
  

沒有留言:

張貼留言